The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #99 – Follow Me (4/27/2017) – 1 hr 4 min
Playing tracks by Parquet Courts, BNQT, Old 97’s, Alabama Shakes, Weezer w/ Soul Coughing and more.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- BNQT — LA On My Mind
- The Walkmen — Heaven
- The Babies — Mess Me Around
- Blood Orange — Sutphin Boulevard
- Weezer w/ Soul Coughing — American Girls
- Bright Eyes — Coat Check Dream Song
- Toro y Moi — Omaha
- Doves — Black and White Town
- Parquet Courts — Berlin Got Blurry
- Nada Surf — Comes A Time
- Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi — Two Against One
- Old 97’s — Bloomington
- Alabama Shakes — On Your Way
- Beirut — East Harlem
- Billy Bragg & Wilco — At My Window Sad and Lonely