I’m glad to see the new Prototypr.io Makerspace community forum. I’m participating in the “Idea to Prototype in 30 Days” challenge with the MyDiabetesMeals project.
I have edited my introduction with the additional suggestions from the moderator Graham Fulton (@graeme). Here’s some additional background about me and my project.
- I’m developing an iOS app that combines diabetes data on glucose, food, medications, and activity from One Drop Mobile via Apple Health with menu plans, recipes, healthy food tips, and nutrition information from Diabetes Meals Plans.
- Please review the initial goals and information for My Diabetes Meals project in the “Idea to Prototype in 30 Days” challenge. Also it would be helpful feedback if you could take the poll located on that page.
- I am a novice designer, but I appreciate how important that is for good iOS applications. I have been trying to build my skills in this area to enhance my development projects.
- I hope to learn more about design, especially tools and workflow with sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that help define and shape my applications.
- I currently have many tools such as Marvel, Invision Freehand, Sketch, Figma, Framer, etc., but I’m not really sure how to use them. For example, where do I start? Which tools help the most (and when)?
- How should I use design tools along with my Xcode development environment with Interface Builder storyboards and Swift code for iOS (and macOS) applications? Or JetBrains tools like WebStorm for web applications?
- My favorite emoji would be 💯 – a great fasting blood glucose target waking up in the morning.
- I live near Austin, Texas, USA.