The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #108 – HOT SHOT (9/8/2017) – 55 min
Playing tracks by Broken Social Scene, Michael Rault, Kele Okereke, Jesse Woods, Matthew Logan Vasquez and more.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- Jesse Woods — Misery’s Love Song
- Spoon — I Ain’t The One
- Matthew Logan Vasquez — Old Ways
- Broken Social Scene — Skyline
- Kele Okereke — Do U Right
- Daniele Luppi & Parquet Courts — Soul and Cigarette
- Rostam — Gwan
- Slaughter Beach, Dog — Fish Fry
- The Drums — Head of the Horse
- What Gives — I Feel Good
- Shout Out Louds — Porcelain
- The National — Day I Die
- Michael Rault — Lovers Lie
- NO WIN — Heart Knowing Rest