The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #106 (8/10/2017) – 58 min
Playing tracks by Brendan Canning, Bully, Harlem, Tomorrows Tulips, SKATERS and more.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- Shout Out Louds — Oh Oh
- Bully — Too Tough
- Deer Tick — The Bump
- Tomorrows Tulips — Surplus Store
- Harlem — Be Your Baby
- The Drums — Skippin’ Town
- Benjamin Gibbard — Metal Baby
- Twin Peaks — Tossing Tears
- SKATERS — I’m Not a Punk
- Brendan Benson — Get It Together
- Childhood — Too Old For My Tears
- Brendan Canning — Once I Was a Runner
- Ducktails — Map to the Stars
- Spoon — Metal Detektor
- Father John Misty — Things That Would Have Been Helpful To Know Before the Revolution
- Azure Ray — Displaced