The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #104 – I’m on the Grass (7/14/2017) – 1 hr 1 min
Playing tracks by Day Wave, Hovvdy, Dan Auerbach, WOODS, Lost Balloons and more.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- J Roddy Walston & The Business — The Wanting
- Lost Balloons — Paint
- Dan Auerbach — Cherrybomb
- WOODS — Lost in a Crowd
- The Black Angels — Half Believing
- Day Wave — Untitled
- Cotillon — Promises
- Summer Salt — Revvin’ my CJ7
- Hovvdy — Can’t Wait
- The Stevens — Chancer
- Broken Social Scene — Halfway Home
- Jonathan Fire Eater — When the Curtain Calls For You
- Imperial Teen — Imperial Teen
- R.E.M. — Crush with Eyeliner
- Pavement — Father to a Sister of Thought