The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #100 – I Never Had a Chance (5/4/2017) – 1 hr 3 min
Playing tracks by White Reaper, Day Wave, Hovvdy, Jesse Woods, Generationals and more.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- Day Wave — Something Here
- The Drums — Heart Basel
- Summer Salt — Candy Wrappers
- Cold War Kids — Love is Mystical
- Generationals — In Green
- Ne – Hi — Sisters
- Hoops — On Top
- Jesse Woods — Bucklebunny
- Dan Auerbauch — King of a One Horse Town
- Whitney — You’ve Got a Woman
- Mac DeMarco — On the Level
- Happyness — The C is a B a G
- Portugal. The Man — Number One
- Hovvdy — Pretend
- PWR BTTM — Oh Boy
- White Reaper — Eagle Beach