The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #98 – Be Who You Are (4/20/2017) – 55 min
Playing tracks by NO WIN, Horse Jumper of Love, GIRLS, Chaz Bundick Meets the Mattson 2, Benjamin Booker and more.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- NO WIN — Crooked Heart
- Growl — Passerby
- GIRLS — Honey Bunny
- Horse Jumper of Love — Ugly Brunette
- Allah-Las — Busman’s Holiday
- Cotillon — Gloom
- The Kooks — Be Who You Are
- Hovvdy — In My Head
- Albert Hammond Jr. — You Won’t Be Fooled By This
- The Thrills — Big Sur
- Chaz Bundick Meets the Mattson 2 — JBS
- Benjamin Booker — Witness
- What Gives — SOmething Real
- Ty Richards — Shoulda Coulda Woulda
- Black Lips — Squatting in Heaven