The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #97 – Ape-real (4/6/2017) – 1 hr 6 min
Elizabeth describes this week’s show:
Like savory needs sweet, or dark needs light, this week’s MB features NEW! indie poplofirock balanced against STAPLE! tracks from artists that reside in my Case Logic cd holder. In other words, here’s some new stuff but forgive me some bouts of nostalgia.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- The Drums — Blood Under My Belt
- Gomez — 78 Stone Wobble
- Broken Social Scene — Halfway Home
- (Sandy) Alex G — Proud
- Generationals — Angry Charlie
- WOODS — Love is Love
- Happyness — The Reel Start Again (Man as Ostrich)
- Gorillaz — Stylo
- The New Pornographers — High Ticket Attractions
- Grizzly Bear — Cheerleader
- Tokyo Police Club — Not My Girl
- Future Islands — Time On Her Side
- Built to Spill — You Were Right
- Modest Mouse — The Good Times Are Killing Me