The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which celebrated its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #88 – Visits the Classics (12/1/16) – 37 min
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- Bass Drum of Death – He’s So Fine
- The Morning Benders – He’s a Rebel
- Justin Townes Earle – Maybe Baby
- Cat Power – I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)
- Eddie Vedder & the Strokes – Mercy Mercy Me
- We Are Scientists – Be My Baby
- Wilco – WIll You Still Love Me Tomorrow
- Perfume Genius – Can’t Help Falling in Love
- Best Coast – Crying
- Matt Nathanson – All I Have To Do is Dream
- She & Him – You Really Got a Hold on Me
- Cake – Strangers in the Night
- GIRLS – The End of the World
- Rivers Cuomo – Don’t Worry Baby
- The National – Clampdown