The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which celebrated its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #87 – Winding Road (11/17/16) – 58 min
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- Hooton Tennis Club – Meet Me at the Molly Bench
- Deerhunter – Revival
- Ty Segall – Orange Color Queen
- The National – All the Wine
- Lee Fields & the Expressions – Lover Man
- Belle and Sebastian – For the Price of a Cup of Tea
- Spirit Club – Lately I Haven’t Been Sleeping
- The Flaming Lips – Oh, My Pregnant Head
- SPORTS – Get Bummed Out
- Night Moves – Classical Hearts
- Ducktails – The Flower Lane
- Ultimate Painting – Who is Your Next Target?
- Modest Mouse – Little Motel
- Cullen Omori – Synthetic Romance
- Alex G – Ready
- Portugal. The Man – Got It All (This Can’t Be Living Now)