The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which celebrated its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #84 – Bands Known for Words, Sans Words (10/27/16) – 58 min
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- Yo La Tengo – Blitzkrieg Bop
- Elliott Smith – Our Thing
- Beastie Boys – Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament
- Real Estate – April’s Song
- Broken Social Scene – Pacific Theme
- Modest Mouse – Custom Concern
- American Football – The One with the Wurlitzer
- The Flaming Lips – Approaching Pavonis Mons by Balloons (Utopia Planitia)
- Ducktails – The Disney Afternoon
- The American Analog Set – (Theme From) Everything Ends
- Brian Jonestown Massacre – Duck and Cover
- Radiohead – Meeting in the Aisle
- Deerhunter – Slow Swords
- Beirut – Venice
- Pixies – Cecilia Ann
- Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness