The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which celebrated its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #79 – Covers #4 (9/1/16) – 1 hr 1 min
The title and artist for each track is displayed as you listen to the music.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- Pete Yorn – I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend (Ramones!)
- Julian Casablancas – Run Run Run (Velvet Underground)
- Peter Bjorn & John – Is This It (The Strokes)
- Athlete – If I Ain’t Got You (Alicia Keys)
- Delta Spirit – She’s Not There (The Zombies)
- Nada Surf – Agony of Lafitte (Spoon)
- Matt Pond PA – Champagne Supernova (Oasis)
- Amy Milan – I Will Follow You Into the Dark (DCFC)
- Vampire Weekend – Exit Music (for a film) [Radiohead]
- My Morning Jacket – Rocket Man (Elton John)
- POP ETC – Unravel (Bjork)
- The Honorary Title – No One (Alicia Keys)
- The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – Laid (James)
- Band of Horses – The End’s Not Near (the New Year)