The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which celebrated its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #69 (5/19/16) – 52 min
The title and artist for each track is displayed as you listen to the music.
This show includes the following artists and songs.
- South – You Are One
- Ambulance LTD – Stay Where You Are
- Coconut Records – Microphone
- The Thrills – One Horse Town
- Dios Malos – You Got Me Wrong
- Earlimart – All They Ever Do Is Talk
- Sound Team – No More Birthdays
- Phanton Planet – Lonely Day
- The Unicorns – Jellybones
- The Honorary Title – Bridge and Tunnel
- The Secret Machines – Sad and Lonely
- Superdrag – Sold You A Alibi
- Elefant – Misfit
- The Stills – Lola Stars and Stripes