SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is the second of many specialty shows introducing you to the wide variety of acts who will perform at the 2016 SXSW Music Festival. This is a great way to discover new music.
SXSW Music 2016 Preview – Showcasing Artists Round Two (11/16/15) – 47 min
The title and artist for each track is displayed as you listen to the music.
If you want to skip any tracks that you might not like, just advance the slider past that section and continue listening further along with the rest of the program (you can’t go backward).
This episode includes the following songs by 14 showcasing artists from 10 countries. They will all be performing in Austin during March 2016.
- Ezra Furman (Chicago, Illinois, USA) – Restless Year
- Hockey Dad (Wollongong, Australia) – Can’t Have Them
- Amber Arcades (Utrecht, Netherlands) – Constant’s Dream
- I Am Dive (Seville, Spain) – The Lower You Fall
- PINS (Manchester, UK-England) – Get With Me
- White Lung (Vancouver, Canada) – Face Down
- Septembers Girls (Dublin, Ireland) – Veneer
- Lusts (Leicester, UK-England) – Temptation
- Night Beats (Seattle, Washington, USA) – Sunday Mourning
- Petite Noir (Cape Town, South Africa) – Best
- COMA (Cologne, Germany) – Atlantis
- Tototamas (La Plata, Argentina) – De Que Te Encanta
- Pell (New Orleans, Louisiana, USA) – Queso
- Prayers (San Diego, California, USA) – Young Gods
If you want to hear more from the showcase artists, listen to this official SXSW 2016 Round Two playlist with almost 13 hours of music.
“Official SXSW Music 2016 Playlist (Round Two)” – 194 songs, 12 hr 42 min
Or if you are feeling really ambitions, the following complete playlist is available for those with about 22 hours to spare.
“Official SXSW Music 2016 Playlist (Complete)” – 330 songs, 21 hr 21 min
And if you want to listen to the complete playlist for music from artists who appeared this past March at SXSW 2015, this playlist has about 87 hours of music (over 3 1/2 days).
“Official SXSW Music 2015 Playlist (Complete)” – 1,372 songs, 87 hr 9 min
See the Round Two announcement which lists all 215 bands registered as showcasing artists to play during this round two for about 370 total bands so far. In recent years, over 2000 bands have performed on over 100 stages each year, so this is just an preliminary list, and more will be announced periodically as more register. There is also a link for each one with more details, including their music and other band information.
See the SXSW Schedule for all music showcase events on all days for all genres. You can filter the list by any of the 19 specific genres just to show those artists, and you can also select from the alphabetic index to see only those with names starting with a certain first letter. You can click on any artist to listen to a sample song, view photo and description, and see more details including an online link.
Here’s an overview video which covers the SXSW music festival, as well as the interactive and film conferences.
“Spotlight on SXSW 2016” – 2 min 24 sec