I have now updated the Music by Artist page under the Music menu tab to show all Music posts by artist in alphabetical order by post title, which would usually be their first name. All 131 additional music posts since July have now been incorporated into this alphabetical index for a total of 605 (80% of my total blog posts of 761) .
These have been grouped and separated by a letter index to make it easier to find an artist, so clicking on one of the letters will jump directly to that section. However, you can also use your browser Find search function to locate them on the page more quickly or by last name. Since there were so many Christmas and SXSW music posts, they were moved out of sequence to the end.
The initial version only included the 100 most recent music posts, and then this new format was introduced; also it was rather limited since there were so many Christmas Music posts, which resulted in no artists beyond the letters A and B being displayed.
You can also use the Search field in the sidebar to find music for a specific artist or genre, which will retrieve all posts that match your search. Another option is available with the Music Calendar which shows all music posts by month and quarter.
I have also included the publish date after the post title. This might be formatted better, but at least it offers a complete list of all artists for now until I can improve the presentation. For example, it might be helpful to have a link for each post, but I need to figure out a way to do this automatically so this list can be maintained easily.
Any ideas or suggestions are always appreciated. Specifically, comments related to these questions would help me determine what improvement might be desirable.
- Do you think this format is useful?
- Is sorting by alphabetical post title appropriate?
- Would it be better to organize by artist last name instead?
- Should links be enabled for each entry to provide easier access (without have to search)?
- Let me know what other music menus might be helpful?
- Are the videos worthwhile in my music posts and do you actually watch any of them?
- Do you find it easy to access the music on my web site?
- What would be a good way to remind you of music in my archives?
Thanks for helping with your feedback. Keep on listening.