These are some of the things that I like. I focused primarily on thoughts about my primary interests that also provide a foundation for topics in my blog.
- Listening to music. Learning to play piano. Attending music festivals and concerts.
- Taking, organizing, and sharing photos, and learning more about photography.
- Traveling more. Taking day trips or short getaways. Discovering places nearby.
- Hiking and enjoying nature. Visiting beautiful or interesting places.
- Reading books, visiting web sites, and writing about memories, thoughts and feelings.
- Playing (and watching) golf and tennis, and attending Texas Stars ice hockey games.
- Keeping my diabetes under control, which I have finally done over the past few months.
- Helping others by sharing my knowledge, expertise, and discoveries.
- Learning new things. Trying to get more organized and productive.
- Reading and writing blog posts, getting positive feedback, and making new connections.
This was a helpful exercise. At first, I wasn’t sure what to include, but it gets easier once you get started. It’s beneficial to focus on what you like so you can actually think about it and write it down. Of course, there are many more things I like, but I had decided to limit this to 10 items. Maybe there will other opportunities to identify and list more. For example, these were fairly broad and general, and it might be fun to assemble a list of silly things or interesting observations.
This was the Day 2 assignment “Write a list” for the Blogging U. course Writing 101: Finding Everyday Inspiration, which provides writing prompts to “cultivate a daily writing habit and find inspiration in unexpected places”.
Today we were asked to write our own list on one of these topics: Things I Like, Things I’ve Learned, or Things I Wish”. I thought I would give the first one a try.
I hope you enjoy my blog and follow these daily writing assignments and other posts. Thanks for visiting today.