The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #41 (9/3/15 – Fall Edition) – 57 min
The title and artist for each track is displayed as you listen to the music.
- Fidlar – 40oz On Repeat
- Black Lips – Dandelion Dust
- Alex G – Bug
- Jack White – Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy
- Circa Waves – Stuck in My Teeth
- Say Hi – The Grass is Always Greener
- Ultimate Painting – Break the Chain
- Alt-J – Pusher
- Foals – Mountain at my Gates
- Mac DeMarco – No Other Heart
- The Arcs – Outta My Mind
- TV on the Radio – You
- RATATAT – Loud Pipes
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Gold Lion
- STRFKR – Girls Just Want to Have Fun
- Tijuana Panthers – Set Forth