The Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #40 (8/27/15) – 56 min
The title and artist for each track is displayed as you listen to the music.
This episode includes the following artists and songs.
- The Bohicas – I Do It For Your Love
- Generationals – Put a Light On
- Santigold – I’m a Lady
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Stop
- The Brian Jonestown Massacre – Open Heart Surgery
- Cage the Elephant – Take It or Leave It
- Grizzly Bear – Gun-Shy
- Jesse Woods – Diggin’ a Grave (For Our Love)
- White Rabbits – Rudie Fails
- The Walkmen – Heaven
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Necessary Evil
- Alvvays – Adult Diversion
- Okkervil River – Lost Coastlines
- Old 97’s – Streets of Where I’m From