Middle Biscuit is a weekly SXSWfm specialty radio show stream, hosted by Elizabeth Spruiell on MixCloud, which focuses on indie/pop/rock music gems (about an hour long).
SXSWfm is the official internet radio stream of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in Austin, Texas from March 15-20, 2016. This is a great way to discover new music.
This is how Elizabeth describes her weekly show every Thursday at 12 & 6 CT.
What is the Middle Biscuit? Literally speaking, it is the warm, highly-coveted, center, perfect biscuit my brothers and I fought over when our Mom set down a pan of her homemade fare. Figuratively, the middle biscuit is a symbol representing any thing that is elite compared to those that surround it. Tune in weekly to feast on what I consider middle biscuit tracks and middle biscuit artists from the massive universe of indie-pop-rock. Mostly new stuff, sometimes classic, either way, you’ll get your fill.
Middle Biscuit #26 (5/8/15 – Levitation 2015 Edition) – 43 min
The title and artist for each track is displayed as you listen to the music.
This episode features artists and songs of Levitation 2015 (formerly Austin Psych Fest) from May 8-10 at Carson Creek Ranch in Austin Texas. Levitation France will be held Sept. 18-19, 2015 at Le Chabada in Angers, France.
- Hundred Visions – Last Cab from Tunis
- White Fence – Anger! Who Keeps You Under
- Heaters – Heaven Hill
- Fuzz – What’s In My Head
- The Strange Boys – Doueh (Ryan Sambol)
- Tame Impala – Mind Mischief
- Spiritualized – Soul on Fire
- Mystic Braves – Desert Island
- The Flaming Lips – Race for the Prize
- 13th Floor Elevators – You’re Gonna Miss Me
- The Jesus and Mary Chain – Happy When It Rains
- Mac DeMarco – Cooking Up Something Good
- The Blank Tapes – Buff
- Mini Mansions – Vertigo ft. Alex Turner